New Policy in Effect Immediately

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny you mentioned that Joe. I have often envisioned a pool in the spot. The answer is no. We were trying to decide what to do one night while standing on the deck when all of a sudden the idea popped in our head for a round patio. People thought we were crazy, but we have never regretted it. It actually works out very well for entertaining. I did all the work except setting the form and actual pouring and finishing of the concrete. The contractor did an excellent job forming it without leaving any odd edges from the forms. I excavated and leveled using a laser level and ran conduit under it for future wiring in the future. That was a good move as I now use it.

Last edited:
I'll tell you what Dan, it looks like a perfect fit for my old pool sight.

image-2089801657.jpg

Yours is 1of the solutions my wife and I discussed along with crushed rock, flagstone, etc. I love the ability to color it to choice. I've even considered painting with an epoxy for a different color. The mis-matched colors drive my wife nuts (being color blind it doesn't bother me!). Anyway, fantastic job and it is certainly in our future!

Having worked foundations and road crews in my college days I think I can frame everything up. But I'll look to a pro for finishing. Again, thanks for info and inspiration!!!!

Joe R.

We replaced the carpeting in the first floor, stairs and 2nd floor hallway wid hardwood 2 January's ago. Remodeling the bedroom now, guess what is going in....Hardwood. We though about the laminate then decided to go wood. I have the nailer and door frame saw from 2 years ago. When youngest son moves out, his room and Andrea's room will be hardwood with a throw rug under the bed...So much easier to take care of.

Joe thats funny how we both got the same concept. I went to a block company that makes there own products and bought the blocks for the retaining wall there. They weigh like 75# each. Nothing like that small stuff at the big box stores. We talked about stamped concrete but I'm not a real big fan of it. If you wanted to put a rocker on it, it would not be a nice rock. Plus I was on vacation and saw a lot of it down in the DR and a lot of it cracked, it looks really bad if it cracks. Fortunately we did not end up with any cracks.

Well I did get the best Pergo Home depot sells. The story begins... First off tell them you have a Lowes charge card. Lowes offer 5% off if you use there card so Home depot matches the deal.
I got a call the product was in. I went and picked up to pallets of it. Took it home and put it in the living room before I noticed they were two different colors. :po I called them up the next day and they delivered the right stuff and took the other. Guess what? Two different dye lots, they were a shade different in color. Again I called them up and gave them options; 1. give me 10% off the entire order 2. bring a exact match 3. come pick it all back up. I was told I would get a call back later in the day. I got a call back in 3 minutes and they agreed to the 10% off.
I took off Tomorrow and Tuesday as the install is a two day job. Hopefully all will go well. I did not have the time to do it myself. I am just finishing up replacing all the wood on my deck with Timber Tech.

As far as the wall paper goes, we put it all on and it was still in excellent condition but the wife wanted a change. A real PITA to remove. She did Faux paint a few walls in each room and they look really good.

If you are active military or vet, bring a military I.D. to Home Depot and they give you 10% off any time. Arne.

Latest posts

Back