NEW NEIGHBOR

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
We have a new neighbor....a bachelor school teacher moved in down on the corner....

He makes wine....
smiley20.gif
Kits as well as beer....He came over with the school principal who also makes kit wines....they brought over a large bottle of Vieux Château du Roi....it was quite nice. This is going to be fun.

We got invited to a party at his house next month..."Wine and Bovine".... It is an annual event that we have heard about from mutual friends that has been held at his previous home....It is wine that he makes as well as what other winemakers bring...That's the wine part [the good news]....The BOVINE is Mountain Oysters
smiley11.gif
....We will be attending...but I think personally will be eating before we go over there.

Will report next month....as well as any winemaking experiences we share as we plan to get together for winemaking and drinking on occasion.
smiley4.gif

Mountain Oysters ain't bad. Don't rule them out until you have tried them!
smiley2.gif

Get those Northern Minnesotans on here NW, the more the merrier!
smiley20.gif
My neighbors are always available to sample the wares, funny how none of them can just find the time to make a batch.
smiley36.gif

NW,

I'm with you, I just couldn't get past the thoughts of Mountain Oysters
smiley36.gif
. I've heard many folk claim they are very good.

I have tried them before and have cooked little pig 'oysters' for others....I use to be "The Pig Momma" and castration was one of my jobs.

My girlfriend [another teacher at that school] goes to those parties all the time...last year she had "too much fun"...atthe end of their evening her husband retrieved her off the lawn on her hands and knees...they picked up the kids and they later reported...."Mom looked just like Sadie" [their Golden Retriever]..."she had her head out the window all the way home"....thought that was cute...also my clue as to enjoy everything in moderation

Latest posts

Back