New member from NWPA

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moe

Junior
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Tom and I'm from the small town of North East in nwpa. Concord grapes are the largest crop grown here, which I do grow, but I also have a few other varieties as well. Joined the group to learn more about the wine side of things and to network to find a home for some of my grapes. Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Welcome to WMT. Do you have a statewide or regional grape growers organization? We do in WI and they have a “marketplace” for selling grapes.
I've been searching. I think Penn State did at one time, but they don't anymore that I can find.

Welcome. Not far from me in NE Ohio.
I’m curious what other varieties you have planted.
I mostly have concord, but do have some Niagara, Isabella, catawba, Crimson Cabernet, and just planted this year a little Delaware and Vincent.

Welcome to WMT!

Okay, I'll ask - what's the relationship between your name, "Tom", and your login name "Moe"? Inquir
My
Welcome to WMT!

Okay, I'll ask - what's the relationship between your name, "Tom", and your login name "Moe"? Inquiring minds....
My brother in law told his kids when they were little that I was really adopted and my real name is Moe Slupski. So Moe kinda stuck

So have you made any wine yet Moe? There’s no learning like doing!

I’ve only been making wine for three years and while I often have questions, I seldom panic anymore 😀

Moe,

Welcome to the universe of wine making. We frequent the North East area and are happy to hear that Johnny B's has reopened under a new name. Now only if the Freeport would reopen too.

We are up in the fall to pick up juice for our winery and the bigger wineries are great to work with.

I did make my first wine pot of last years grapes. Have not bottled yet, hopefully soon. A friend of mine is to manage a winery and just had a really good background with wine. He was impressed with it, I can't really say either way, I don't really drink any alcohol. I tasted it and it didn't taste like vinegar so I figured that's a plus.

Moe,

Welcome to the universe of wine making. We frequent the North East area and are happy to hear that Johnny B's has reopened under a new name. Now only if the Freeport would reopen too.

We are up in the fall to pick up juice for our winery and the bigger wineries are great to work with.
Hokapsig,
Thanks for the welcome. It is nice someone moved into Johhny B's, in my opinion not on the same level of food, hoping they improve. As far as Freeport goes, I do miss it and I think at some point it will reopen, but I'm guessing they're will be quite a few changes from what I know of the people that bought it.
What is the name of your winery? Where are you located? Do you do a mix of dries and sweets?

Latest posts

Back