New Label

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MedPretzel

Reaction score
Just slapped on the labels last night. :) What do you think?

2005-07-20_050338_cab_franc.jpg

2005-07-20_050425_2004_marigold_smal.jpg

Thanks Cove & Cottage!!!
smiley2.gif

I googled both images, but only used the half of the marigold image. I thought it looked a lot more.... artsy-fartsy!!! LOL

I also put on the labels to my beet wine, and now they are ready to go. I put shrink caps on all of my wines (except the marigold, since I just bottled them and they still have to sit upright)last night too. It really doesn't take long once you get the hang of it.

I used gold shrink caps for the cab franc, and green for the beet wine. I will take some pictures of the bottles when I'm back home (watching my parents' cats tonight while they're living it up in Europe).

smiley1.gif

Martina

Great labels. What software do you use? How do you do the printing sideways (the cab franc label)?

Is anyone entering any of their labels in the Wine Maker magazine contest?

Thank you for the replies. I've been working in 3 different gardens as of late, and have been very busy.

I am not entering in any of my labels. I was thinking about it, but then I decided against it. It's just for me anyway. :)

I use an old version of Corel Draw (version 8) which does just about anything I want it to. But you can also accomplish most things with Word.

Here's a quick tutorial of how to do something like that in word

2005-08-21_134740_1.jpg

Highlight the text

2005-08-21_134758_2.jpg

Go on Insert, go on Text Box

2005-08-21_134825_3.jpg

It gets put in a box (you can remove the border later). Go on Format, and text direction.

2005-08-21_134910_5.jpg

This is the screen you will see. Choose what direction you want it.

2005-08-21_135005_6.jpg

Ta da!

2005-08-21_135051_7.jpg

Going to bottle my white zinfandel tomorrow when my cork guy is off work. Think I am going to use this label.
2005-08-27_140503_white_zin_3_Small.jpg
I only have burgundy capsules right now.Edited by: rgecaprock

I have run out of compliments for all of the beautiful labels I have seen. Please, everyone that has created one of the outstanding labels, enter them in the Wine Maker Contest. If, excuse me, when you wine, I will devote a web page to label winners to go along with the wine competition winners. I may also come up with some store credits!

Great looking labels.

OK, question. I do not have any label paper, yet. But I was just messsing around and came up with a sample label. My question is what should the dimensions be for the label paper??

2005-08-27_150516_Blueberry_Label_01.jpg

The gummed label paper I sell is standard paper size (8-1/2 by 11). As with everything else related to home wine making, you can make the label whatever size you want. The labels I provide for free with the wine ingredients kits are 12 to a page, roughly 2.6" x 2.75". Somepeople do like them bigger. My advice is to make them whatever size pleases you and does not waste too much paper.

Latest posts

Back