New jersey winemakers talk

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have certain local distributors that you like to use?

Convenience plays a huge part. Depending on where I’m at that day- either Procacci bros (no pre order. 1st come 1st serve basis) in s Philly or Gino pintos (pre-order. Lots of variety) in s Jersey are the most convenient.
I used corrados this year for the time because they were open late on a Sunday and I was impatient. No complaints other than jets game traffic.
And still have interest in Keystone homebrew in montgomerville Pa- simply because they offer fruit from some different vineyards.
We are pretty fortunate to be in an area with so many options

Also curious about Europa Pmbalense myself. No wine grape info online. Curiosity- peaked.

And Joe, I’ve moved since we last spoke. Near Mt Holly. It’s not unusual to see the Giants on my DD coffee cup instead of the Eagles. It’s painful.
Europa Pombalense does sell grapes, my wife's uncle buys there all the time. Whish I had a list of grapes to post here. Will see if I can find one.

Convenience plays a huge part. Depending on where I’m at that day- either Procacci bros (no pre order. 1st come 1st serve basis) in s Philly or Gino pintos (pre-order. Lots of variety) in s Jersey are the most convenient.
I used corrados this year for the time because they were open late on a Sunday and I was impatient. No complaints other than jets game traffic.
And still have interest in Keystone homebrew in montgomerville Pa- simply because they offer fruit from some different vineyards.
We are pretty fortunate to be in an area with so many options
Stay on parkway to avoid giants stadium...exit at rt 46...and ur like 6 blocks away

Anyone use this joint called “Rubinos homemade wine & beer supply”?

Noticed it on a gps map few min from my home yet never heard of em before. (I’m fairly new to the area still— go eagles!) but it seems like they do it all. Seasonal juice and grapes in spring and fall. (Even French and German juice) Frozen must. Equipment. Testing etc etc. the website seems outdated so not exactly sure what to think— and why I haven’t heard of em.
Gonna call em tomorrow but wanted to ask the forum if anyone was aware of em or used em before.

http://store.hamiltonhomebrew.com/
On mobile I need to scroll to bottom then click “go to full site”.

(Domain name different than actual name. Located In Columbus NJ)

Last edited:
So...I'm pretty sure corrados will not have any fresh grapes this spring...they will have buckets tho...
Any other places in the northern nj or NY area get grapes?
Gino Pinto is a little bit of a hike...allegedly theres a place in the bronx...but well...its the bronx so nah

So...I'm pretty sure corrados will not have any fresh grapes this spring...they will have buckets tho...
Any other places in the northern nj or NY area get grapes?
Gino Pinto is a little bit of a hike...allegedly theres a place in the bronx...but well...its the bronx so nah

I don't know the cut off for grapes but it's probably getting close if not already too late.

Yeah...I was all fired up...got 3 54l demijohns (which btw the people I bought them from have more) and the press and crusher...may just take a stab at some white wines with juice pails and wait for fall..

I do not now where you live but I am guessing that you are in northern NJ like me.

For the spring, going to Pinto's is an automatic. They always have a great selection consistently (unlike corrados unfortunately). I have been burned by corrados several times in the past on my Chilean grapes.

The trip takes me a good 2 hours each way, but I think of it this way....

If I am doing 400 bottles (300 liters), it works out to 1 bottle for every 18 seconds of drive time. A small price to pay.

I too have been burned by carrados in the spring its a shame because they are only 40 min from my house as compared to 2 hrs to get to Gino Pinto but you gotta do what you gotta do I just ordered 14 boxes of chilean cab sauv from them and can't waiter them to come in.

I too have been burned by carrados in the spring its a shame because they are only 40 min from my house as compared to 2 hrs to get to Gino Pinto but you gotta do what you gotta do I just ordered 14 boxes of chilean cab sauv from them and can't waiter them to come in.

Hopefully our pick up schedules work so all of us can get together. My South African are coming in a week before the Chilean so they are going to keep them in the freezer. Mine will more then likely be a weekend pick up.

Back