Finer Wine Kit New FWK - White Bordeaux Tavola

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few more words if you might want to know just a bit more prior to ordering one:

Your White Bordeaux Tavola Finer Wine Kits are made from top quality California grapes. This blend presents a unique interpretation of the classic Bordeaux white, ingeniously crafted with Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, and Chardonnay grapes. This innovative blend results in a wine that radiates a vibrant golden hue and a captivating citrus fruit bouquet.

Sauvignon Blanc, the staple in traditional Bordeaux whites is dominant imparting a crisp acidity and refreshing notes of green apple and lemon. The Riesling, a delightful substitution, introduces a floral sweetness and a hint of tropical papaya, adding an unexpected twist to the classic blend. The Chardonnay, another clever addition, completes the blend with a subtle buttery finish, emulating the smoothness often found in Bordeaux whites.

Your White Bordeaux Tavola Finer Wine Kits are made from top quality California grapes. This blend presents a unique interpretation of the classic Bordeaux white, ingeniously crafted with Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, and Chardonnay grapes.
A "Bordeaux" white made from three California grapes of which two isn't allowed in Bordeaux whites?? And what happened to the word "style"?

(Bordeaux wines is protected in EU)

A "Bordeaux" white made from three California grapes of which two isn't allowed in Bordeaux whites?? And what happened to the word "style"?
I looked it up. The legal white grapes in Bordeaux are: Sémillon, Sauvignon Blanc, Muscadelle, Sauvignon Gris, Merlot Blanc, Mauzac, Colombard, Ugni Blanc, and Ondenc. As of 2021, Alvarinho and Liliorila are also legal.

I was surprised to see Riesling and Chardonnay in the blend.

Me too, it’s not even Bourdeaux-style. This is what I would call reputation leeching.
I realize FWK is creating a profile, but I'm having a hard time visualizing Riesling and Chardonnay achieving Semillon. But FWK has done well in the past on blends, so I'll give them benefit of doubt

(Bordeaux wines is protected in EU)
The EU can pound sand

However, I do agree that the mix isn't right - But I'm checking it out anyway

If carbon is include then it gets tosssed - I like amber wine

The EU can pound sand
Yeah, I can understand that FWK is taking that position (When in US...). I guess they didn't call it a "white Meriage" as they might have got the Meritage association on the phone. Or perhaps because "Bourdeaux" would attract more buyers? But in the end, it's all about not misleading consumers and protecting brands. BTW Winexpert are naming their similiar kits with "-style" but as they act on the EU market, I guess they have to.

But I'm checking it out anyway
Yeah, and I hope you will be pleased with it. :)

Back