WineXpert New article on choosing a wine kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dhaynes

Reaction score
One of the most commonly reoccurring post I've seen on this and other wine making forums is a new or would be wine makers asking for help in choosing a wine kit. It was certainly something that my wife and I struggled with when we first started. I've just had an article published that seeks to help users answer that question. Please give it a read. I would welcome any constructive feedback.
http://winemakersacademy.com/choosing-a-wine-kit-part-1-owerview/

Nice work. Nothing in your article that I can find fault with. When does part 2 get released?

A well written and informative article. I would suggest replacing the word chemicals, with fining agents and antioxidants.

Yes, a well written article... BUT! I actually did not learn anything new. I don't say that to shock or to brag, I've simply learned all that this particular article had to say by, over the past 3 years, making kit wines myself and by being an active member of this forum. I look forward to reading part 2.

choosing a wine kit

very good article.:h:h I too look foward to part two if you would be so kind
ques: for those who buy 2 or more kit ??????:?:?:?:?how much does SUGAR play in storage since they mentioned the small kits.

maybe in the future, you could post the top 100 kits . i posted some of those in the past but I need to renew my subscription.

thank you so much

corinth:db:db:db:db

The kit size definitely affects the shelf life. I read something Tim Vandergrift, the guru of wine kits, wrote about this but I haven't been able to find it. He said the the Eclipse kits have the shortest shelf life because there is very little concentrate. The best I remember it was about one year for the Eclipse from the date of manufacture and up to two years for VR with Select kits somewhere in the middle but my memory is far from perfect.

The kit size definitely affects the shelf life. I read something Tim Vandergrift, the guru of wine kits, wrote about this but I haven't been able to find it. He said the the Eclipse kits have the shortest shelf life because there is very little concentrate. The best I remember it was about one year for the Eclipse from the date of manufacture and up to two years for VR with Select kits somewhere in the middle but my memory is far from perfect.

This may be a bit helpful. The info comes from asking, about three years ago on a phone call, RJS CS about shelf life of their products...

RJ Spagnol's Expiration...

Vino del Vida and Orchard Breezin’ brands a 24-month expiration from the box date.

Grand Cru products have an 18-month expiration.

ALL the rest of the wine kits have a 12 month shelf life starting from the box date.

Clearly, the smaller the kit the longer the shelf life.

Latest posts

Back