Need your advice!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott B

Reaction score
I need you advice!!!
My wine cellar is located at my office and the A/C unit went out this weekend.
The wine got up to 89 degrees for several days. (possibly 3 days)
Is it ruined?
smiley19.gif

I had two years work, 1000 bottles in there.

I don't think you have a problem. It probably had a gradual rise in temperature (rather than a sudden rise in ambient temperature, like being engulfed in a fire), and as long as you cool it back down gradually, the corks, bottles and their contents are probably fine.

Only one way to find out for sure - open 'em all up and drink 'em!

Yeah, like Al said is there any cork pushage? I took a few bottles to work one day and even though it was cooler out and the windows were cracked heat built up in the car to fast and made 2of 3 corks pop right out and luckily they didnt blow the back window out as they were aimed right at it!

Ok I went back to the office and checked the corks.
At 7:00pm I checked and the internal Temp of the wine was 80 degrees and no Corks were pushing out. In 2 hours the temp has dropped 9 degrees.

How long do you think I need to keep checking before I can feel sure it was not ruined? Or put another way, If it was damaged by the heat how long before the wine starts tasting bad?

Wine should still be good, no climate controlled transports when delivering to the store and gets mighty warm or cold.

Wine at the office? Are you hiring?
smiley4.gif

Thanks Scott (great name!!)

Yep -wine at the office make the day go by much faster.

Thinking of changing the company name to Wines-R-us.
smiley2.gif

Latest posts

Back