need pH meter

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulc

Reaction score
In Sept I pick up my first every batch of grapes that won't have any info about acid or pH etc...I would like to use a pH meter to figure out both which I am pretty sure I read about doing:)

Can someone recommend a meter that costs less than $100 that will be up to the task and a source? I have only found a pretty cheap looking unit at midwest, or the really expensive units.

Thanks, paulc

I like buying from www.finevinewines.com too, whenever possible. However, if price is an issue, you may want to check ebay. I recently bought a new pHep 5 for $79 with free shipping. The seller was onewayoutsales. Great transaction. Just a thought.

Best,
Jason

I bought a horticare meter from the local pot growing store and it is the best PH meter I have owned and I have owned a lot. This sucker has went swimming in beer and wine numerous times and come out perfect. It is a piece of cake to calibrate(I have only had to do it once in 9 months). Yep I am a commercial. I love the thing. O ya, the cap is air tight and the probe stays wet with very little solution laying on the counter. It has never dried out

Last edited:
I use this meter and I like it alot. You can find then for $35 plus the buffer solutions. It's not waterproof or anything but I never planned on SCUBA diving with it...

Google: Hanna Instruments pH Checker Tester. Model HI 98103.

no one ever plans to have them go swimming, but it HAPPENS. i WENT THOUGH 6 OF THOSE

I bought an inexpensive one, mistake, so much is riding on your PH readings, my next one will be a good one. bk

Latest posts

Back