Need advise on kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild Duk

Reaction score
I want to start a Pinot Nior and don't mind spending the money on a larger kit. My LHBS has the WE kit in stock, and i've been looking at the RJ spagnols New Zealand Pinot, which is a little bigger kit.....Any advise on either of these.....

Thanks

can you tell us which kit each is, there are many levels of W.E. kits as such RJS. George here sells the biggest kit there is, an Alljuice no water added bucket.

Yea, one is a Wine Expert Selection Estate Sonoma Pinot Noir. The other is a RJ Spagnols En Primeur Dashwood New Zealand Pinot Noir. Is the Latter an All Juice kit. The Wine Expert kit can be picked up at the LHBS. Just wanted to know the difference in the two kits.

thanks

The RJS kit is 2 more liters of juice and tend to make a better wine IMO then the W.E. Kits with the exception of maybe the W.E. Crushendos' which do produce a very nice wine.

Wild duk,

I made the Dashwood New Zealand Pinot Noir kit. At six months, it's a bit on the tart side and still not much of a nose. I've read that this one takes a couple of years to get really good. Mine's still bulk aging and has quite a ways to go.

The kit comes with 18L of juice, and it was hands down the best smelling and tasting juice I've ever found in a kit. But then, I don't have a wide range for comparison.

I dropped a couple ounces of Hungarian oak into the carboy two weeks ago just for grins, but again, it'll be quite a while before I can tell how this one's going to turn out.

Ken

Latest posts

Back