Need a little help, Again

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernest T Bass

Reaction score
I have two carboys of wine ready for clearing. I bought Liwuor Quik - Super-Kleen K.C. The directions say:Add Keiselsol (Packet D1) to carboy (5-6 U.S. Gallons/19-32L) of wine. etc. Stir gently. Disolve Chitosan (Packet D2) in 1 fl.oz/30 ml of warm water. Add to carboy of wine, etc. brillantly in 12-48 hours. May not clear pectin hazes or wine. etc made with hard water.
Contains Sterile wate, Kieselsol, Chitosan (SHELLFISH DERIVATIVE).
NET VOL. 65 ML (2.2 FL.OZ.)
The two carboys I have ready for clearing: one gallon of Peach and a 5 gallon carboy of Pear.
I have no Earthly idea what they are saying ?? I only ordered two each of the "Super-Kleen" packets.
Do I add both D1 and D2 at the same time, is one backet too strong for the one gallon carboy ????????? I'm totally lost, the directions might as well be printed in Chinese------------or could I have bought the wrong stuff. The man at Midwest Supplies told me that was what I needed-------H E L P !!

Semper Fi

Later Bud

I have two carboys of wine ready for clearing. I bought Liwuor Quik - Super-Kleen K.C. The directions say:Add Keiselsol (Packet D1) to carboy (5-6 U.S. Gallons/19-32L) of wine. etc. Stir gently. Disolve Chitosan (Packet D2) in 1 fl.oz/30 ml of warm water. Add to carboy of wine, etc. brillantly in 12-48 hours. May not clear pectin hazes or wine. etc made with hard water.
Contains Sterile wate, Kieselsol, Chitosan (SHELLFISH DERIVATIVE).
NET VOL. 65 ML (2.2 FL.OZ.)
The two carboys I have ready for clearing: one gallon of Peach and a 5 gallon carboy of Pear.
I have no Earthly idea what they are saying ?? I only ordered two each of the "Super-Kleen" packets.
Do I add both D1 and D2 at the same time, is one backet too strong for the one gallon carboy ????????? I'm totally lost, the directions might as well be printed in Chinese------------or could I have bought the wrong stuff. The man at Midwest Supplies told me that was what I needed-------H E L P !!

Semper Fi

Later Bud

For Super Kleer, you add D1, stirr then add D2. I never added superklear to a one gallon batch, are you in a hurry? One gallon usually clears on its own pretty quick. And the pear is a bear to clear how old is this wine? As Tom will say you need to practice patience.

I usually try to let my wines clear on their own and if that just doesn't happen then I will use a clearing agent. Wines will pretty much clear on their own but there are times when they do not. My advice would be to let the 1 gallon sit and if the 5g has been done fermenting for a couple of months and there is not sign of clearing then use the super kleer.

Old Wine

Gosh!, both wines are almost a month old. The one gallon Peach is showing some signs of clearing, about the top 2 or 3 inches looks pretty good (and it taste good to). The Pear ( 5 Gallons), if you look real close, you may think that it's thinking about clearing some.
I guess I'm just in a hurry, it's my first try at making wine.

But, did those directions make any sence to you?

Semper Fi

Later Bud

Ive never had a problem reading those instructions but have been known to blow some easy other reading material. Those packeta are a little much for a 1 gallon batch but since you have a 5 and a 1 gallon batch then just add most to the 5 gallon batch and the little bit left to the 1 although if they are showing signs of clearing on their own already then simply being patient should do the trick and then you can save that SuperKleer for a batch that wont clear on its own. Also, if you havent degassed your wine it wont clear very well as the C02 thats trapped in your wine will keep sediment suspended in your wine. If you do use a fining agent dont rack it after the time it says and instead give it about 2 weeks to let it all settle down nicely and compact so its not as easily disturbed.

Latest posts

Back