Napa Valley or Sonoma County ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My husband and I went to the San Fransisco area about 10 years ago (BK--before kids). We stayed at a little town called Bodega Bay (where they filmed the movie "The Birds". We then went up through the Russian River Valley up towards the Redwoods, then down through Healdsburg (my favorite) Sonoma, and Napa.

Highlights: Sterling Vineyards (you take a gondola to the vineyard)--may be a little touristy, but still fun to do. Dutton Ranch--some of the best wine I have ever had. Generally known for growing grapes for other wine producers, like Kistler, hard to get their own, very cute little winery. We loved the small out of the way, mom and pop wineries. So many to choose from. Clos Pegas--very artsy.

Advice: see if you can get passes ahead of time, when we went, you never had to pay for tastings, now I guess you have to pay, but someone told me of certain passes you can get. Thats all I know about them, perhaps someone else may know.

Have fun,

Francie

Angell, your math is correct.

What price a once-in-a-lifetime experience?

Back