Name my wine :)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buercky

Junior
Reaction score
Ok all,
looking for a cool name for my very first Concord grape wine. It actually turned out very well. Cant wait to see what aging does. Started from crushing the grapes, racking several times till nice and clear, to the bottled product, but i need a catchy name to finish it off.

Thanks all :h

Ok all,
looking for a cool name for my very first Concord grape wine. It actually turned out very well. Cant wait to see what aging does. Started from crushing the grapes, racking several times till nice and clear, to the bottled product, but i need a catchy name to finish it off.

Thanks all :h

1. Gothic Passion
2. Luna Roja

I can give you some ideas to work with. Did you know the Concord Grape is derived from the a species called Vitis Lambrusca, and is also known as the "fox grape"? It is called that because of it's foxy (candied-strawberry/musky) flavor.

"Foxy Lambrusca", maybe. A female fox is a vixen (also an '80s all-female hard rock band)---one of those might look good on the label---the fox, not the band.

"Foxy Vixen"?

I'm just playing with words over coffee this morning. Hope you find a good name for your wine. :h

For my last batch of apple cider, I just had fun with it. I gave each bottle a different name like "Grand Cru Apple Cider", "Not For Children", "Super Duper Apple Cider", and my favorite, "Poison".
Haha. I'd recommend "Sweet Jesus Juice". :D

Iv'e been thinking about calling my first "dragons blood" batch , bloody discharge. Lol your welcome to it.

When naming a wine I like to play on words. Where did the grapes come from? If they came from a friends grape vine somehow incorporate there name in it. Or I named an apple-cranberry OldMan Braeburns Bog. This comes from the braeburn apple I used and the fact that I got the cranberries fresh from the bog. Ialso make a wild Raspberry that I call ?#@*&% Raspberry. This comes from the fact that I have gotten poison ivy twice picking them and they are thorny as all hell.
My father in law has a concord he calls Concord the Crop. He calls it this because he has no time to make any wine until after he conquers his fields of corn.
Have fun with it and let us know

HB_Color_Page_Grape_Ape_by_slappy427.jpg

How about Grape Ape!!

Latest posts

Back