My new scale, input?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rshosted

Reaction score
For years now I've always been a little peturbed by the fact that adding chemicals to my wines have been a bit of a guessing game. So I finally searched for a scale that should be able to work... It weighs things down to .1 grams. I thought a 1/10th of a gram would be small enough for metabisulphits and acids.

http://balance.balances.com/scales/853

here is a link to the scale. I was out about 35 bucks when it was shipped. But much less than I found otherwise......

awesome! Is that a Christmas gift to yourself? Have you had a chance to use it?

Looks nice and small and digitally easy for reading after a few samples.
smiley36.gif

I just got it the other day. I had the first time of using it today. It worked great. It was a lot smaller than I thought it would be. But that is good becuase it fits into my fishing/wine supply tackle box.

I'm hoping I can start to do all of my potasum metabisulphite by weight rather than guess if 1/8tsp is too full or not enough....

wow, looking over that site, I never thought they had balance scales that expensive. I guess there must be a need for them. I would think for what we are doing, any reloading scale would work fine.

Latest posts

Back