My luck...typical! Will they survive?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So the 10 day forecast showed no temperatures below freezing. I decided to plant my blueberries and my grapes yesterday. This morning when I woke up I wondered whether I should even put on a jacket because it was supposed to be so warm today. Much to my surprise it was 32°! When I looked at my plants I noticed the blueberries were not too bad but the grapes looked very sad. Will these plants survive??ImageUploadedByWine Making1396317540.326151.jpg

Patrick

Were these vines you started or did you get them somewhere?

The vines should survive, but have been set back. There are three buds per node with grapes - a primary, secondary and tertiary. The vines had pushed and grown the primaries and that is what froze. In a couple weeks, you will likely see some more growth which will be coming from the secondaries. Let's hope the freezing weather there is done by then. Just keep them watered and they should be alright, just don't overdo it.

Thank you. I purchased them and are #1 plants. The blueberries were not affected as badly but u was worries about the grapes.

Patrick

Latest posts

Back