My First Skeeter Pee

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ithink2020

Reaction score
Here it is, a Concord Skeeter Pee:

20101119_140934_IMG_7226.JPG

20101119_141117_IMG_7227.JPG

This is only 1 week after adding SuperKleer. Going to bottle next weekend.

Hope this stuff is as good as everyone says it is!!!!

Matt

That looks awesome Matt.. I like super kleer it works really fast. I had one wine clear in like 4 hours.. :b

You havn't tasted it yet?? I can't stand it, have to taste as time goes on. You should at least taste it while you are sweetening it to see how sweet you want it. I have found I do not have to sweeten it as much as the recipe says, but each to their own taste. Arne

We tasted it, but we really need to back sweeten. It just tastes like lemon juice right now. Little too tart for me. But I think it is going to be really good once we back sweeten!!

By the way, it looks even clearer today!!!

Matt

Next time you taste it, get the ol sugar bowl out. Use a little spoonful or part spoonful, stir it up, taste it and if needed a little more suger. Like the ol song, a spoonful of sugar helps the wine go down. lol Arne.

Carboys are full at the moment and will be out of town for the New Year.

Before leaving, this will be bottled, so I can start another batch when I get back!

I got a White Shiraz Kit that is waiting to be started. I wonder how a Skeeter started from that will be...

One way to find out!

:sn

Last edited:
Back