My First Muscadine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rgecaprock said:
I think that Muscadine wine is the most beautiful color!!

Waldo, when I get a chance to make Muscadine you will be my guru!!

The one vine I gave to Curtis' Mom to plant in the country....how long before it will produce and will one vine produce enough for a batch?

Ramona
Yourare looking at the 2nd year before you will see any appreciable production Ramona and the 3rd year before it really starts producing.

Speaking of Waldo's Muscadine. I thought that tonight's Easter dinner would be a good occasion to try a bottle of Waldo's Muscadine Wine he so graciously sent me last month. I know I should let it age, but couldn't wait any longer. I have never had a Muscadine wine before, being from the north. It is simply delicious as a homemade wine. Very hard to describe the taste, but the aromas coming from within are right out there. It smells..... well...... grapey and that's a good thing. It has a slight tartness that makes the tonque dance and frolic in it's fruitiness. Overall, simply wonderful. Too bad we can't grow them thar Muskiedeens up here, although there is a Muskie season soon.

Thanks again Waldo, everyone enjoyed the Muscadine.
P.S.- I am trying to age the port, but don't think it will make 28 years
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back