My First Kit!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMAGE_036.jpg

Do you have a floating thermometer? If so just sanitize and throw it in there so you can check it occasionally.

Looks like your wine is warming up and fermentation is going well.
smiley20.gif

ok so here are some pictures as requested! wooohhooooo ... so I just took a temp reading and it was about 68 so its warming up.. since this a.m. when I woke up it was closer to 58! lol

I don't know if maybe I am just crazy but I almost notice a change in the smell.. before it was just a strong juice smell now it almost smells like alcohol... maybe its starting to ferment now?? is that correct does anyone else notice the smell of the juice change?

Can you hear a slight sizzling noise like a can of soda, it looks like a slight foaming is starting and thats a good sign!

Awesome pics!

I have a ferment going right now, and there isnt anything better IMHO then that certain smell of yeast brewing, and the crackle that it makes.

Keep us updated
smiley20.gif

I guess we are a weird bunch. My wife and stepdaughter have been giving me a hard time about the ever present fermentation smell as I've made several kits. They say it smells like vomit. I personally love the smell.

I just walked into the office at was hit by the fermentation smell, that beautiful smell of alcohol starting. Yeasties must have had a good night of releasing their gasses. It's funny, when yeast and babies do it, it's good.
smiley17.gif
When grown men do it...
smiley11.gif

dfwwino said:
I guess we are a weird bunch. My wife and stepdaughter have been giving me a hard time about the ever present fermentation smell as I've made several kits. They say it smells like vomit. I personally love the smell.

Sounds like they overdrank a few times or maybe you did. They smelled all that alcohol in the vomit and now they relate alcohol to vomit!
smiley11.gif

ok! so I transferred to a carboy today! everything seems to be ok... I thought it was kinda odd how the mosti kit wants me to stir everyday for the oak... well I hope it looks good here are some pics..
IMAGE_042.jpg

Latest posts

Back