My biggest little carboy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty cool bottle, that'll work great. I just go down to a 12oz beer bottle for my biggest little carboy.

Yea what' in it?

Looks like dragon blood.
That is a pretty cool bottle.

Smallest I use is a 187ml(like the ones that come in the Yellowtail, Barefoot, etc. 4pks.)

We have a MS student who will be vilifying a couple hundred 100 mL samples. Should be interesting.

I'd be worried about oxidation. That is a pretty high ratio of air to wine. Maybe use one or two marbles to top it off.

Funny thing is I changed that from vilify to vinify three times and thought I had it set before I posted.

I don't know exactly how many samples she will have, but she is doing acid trials with cold-hardy hybrid grapes. I think she has 3 or 4 grape varieties, 3 different trellises, and will be testing 3 different yeasts for acid content pre and post alcohol fermentation and pre-post ML fermentation.

Oxidation will likely not be a worry because that should not significantly affect acid and these are not made for organoleptic analysis.

Last edited:
Back