My avatar

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OilnH2O

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some know I paint and have asked about my work. I try to use the paintings as my avatars -- here is a pic of the full-sized painting of my current avatar -- it is an oil, 16" x 20" and was one of 44 paintings with aircraft themes selected forthe 2005 Experimental Aircraft Association ("Oshkosh") art show. It was inspired by a picture of my daughter at an airshow in Bowling Green, Kentucky many years ago when I was there -- she is a junior in high school now!

It's called "Maiden Flight"

20070124_211619_EmAirShow.jpg

very nice! Do you have a website set up so we can see more? How long have you been painting? Do you work in any other medias besides oil?

water colors perhaps? OilnH20 - is that what your name refers to?

Ahhhh Sang -- I KNEW you were pretty perceptive!

Yes, watercolors too -- and oils. And, the website is "parked" at GoDaddy until I get some time, money or inclination to get it rolling! So nothing right now...

Thanks to all for the kind words. NowI'm not fishing for compliments here, but a couple have asked to see more-- here's another for you, an avatar I used earlier, and it is a watercolor... I'm sure some will recognize it -- Kutya or BMW for sure!

20070125_111217_BirdFallsColorC.jpg

That's a water color? Good Lord... that is absolutely beautiful. That'll bring a tear to your eye.

Is that Granite Peak?

I'm no art expert, but I would say this is Glacier Park. Dave that is Excellent......

You truly are a talented artist....They are very very wonderful Paintings!!!!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Very, very cool!!! I wishhadtalent like that. I need help with my stick figures. Can't wait till the website is running.

Thanks for all the compliments -- I do appreciate them -- now, if my wine were as good!
smiley36.gif

And, Rich and Jim, you're right -- it's Bird Woman Falls in Glacier National Park.

Dave I have to admit I didn't recognize the falls from the painting since I have never had the pleasure of going there. I liked the painting so much I went to save it to the desktop and it was named birdfalls so.......
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back