My avatar

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oil, your pictures are beautiful.

I acutally painted a picture once with acrylics that I kept on the mantel for a while. I recently bought a beginner starter kit with a box and table easel so I can try painting something. I like flowers!! I took a freehand drawing class in college and the prof said I had potential...lol. We had to draw things like a crumpled paper bag, an old pair of shoes a jacket thrown over a chair, our thumbs, and an ink drawing of a piece of machinery....I did an old singer sewing machine. I really enjoyed it. I need lessons in technique and perspective, etc. I'll play around with my little kit and see what I come up with.............Ramona

Oil,

Don't laugh........here is the picture that I slipped onto a couple of wine bottles. It's a picture of the one I painted. I only had one paint brush and it was hard to paint with it. I did look at another picture though, to get the idea. I changed a couple things about the sky.
20070126_195731_100_0542_Small.JPG

Dont laugh, not me, I can barely draw a stick figure. My eight year old
daughter on the other hand is a very good drawer. She got that from my
father-in-law before he passed away. I wish he could have stayed around
here a little while longer as she really took up an interest in this
and he was a very good drawer. The kind that would go to a bar and draw
you in about 15 minutes with incredible accuracy. She is in love with
horses and constantly draws a mother and baby horsy!

Edited by: wade

Ramona, I think your label is great! It shows two things:(1) a willingness to tryand (2) confidence (and it looks good!).
smiley32.gif

Add some perserverance and that's all you need!

If everyone who is moved to try art, whether painting or watercolor, treated driving the same way, they'd all quit learning to drive the first time they killed the engine when letting out the clutch! (Or, no different from learning to make wine!)

Your drawing that is on your label is like your learner's permit -- it takes time and practice, not talent, to go down the road at 60 mph!

Thanks Oil,

I'll see if I can do better with the proper tools. Did you have any formal lessons?

Ramona

OilnH2O - I love your paintings. We are already planning our trip to Glacier next summer. I can't wait to get up there and do some more hiking.

Ramona - your painting on the label is awesome I love the colors in it.

Beautiful, just Beautiful! We have some very talented people on this forum! Thank you for sharing with us!
smiley32.gif
smiley20.gif

I love seeing the work of others so I can enjoy what their talents. We've each been blessed with our set and should make the most of it.
I used to covet peoples outward talents, like singing, drawing, etc. The I thought of The Little Mermaid and gave up most of that envy. I'd hate to lose the things I already have just so I could do what others can do.
smiley5.gif
Now, what should we have for dinner on Sunday night?
smiley2.gif

Going through these older post, and brought me to this. Awesome work! I could draw a straight line if I had a ruler, but son was showing some promise so I told him draw a pic of the president for me, he hit it pretty good I think.

20070325_050109_prezbob.JPG

JW -- the secret is to draw. Tell your son to just keep drawing, even if it is scribbling/doodling on scrap paper. I think many kids are great "artists" when they are 6 or 7 years old -- somewhere around 9 or 10 they get a "message" that because they aren't perfect in their drawing skills, they have no talent. Many people have talent (like, obviously, your son) but if you don't believe it -- in yourself -- you don't try. No matter what your son's drawings look like, always say they're great and encourage him to keep showing you his work. Who knows where that can lead???!!!
smiley24.gif

smiley36.gif
I'll let you in on the inside joke, when he was little ,he's 18 now,I asked him who the president was, his reply....Bob Dylan.

Latest posts

Back