My 2014 Super Cab

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bottled the 2014 super-cab on Saturday, 200 liters.

My brother, who has 7 (seven) 20-something kids and a mother-in-law, blows through wine at an alarming rate. His supply is severely depleted and he has been augmenting with store bought. Being a man that is not opposed to WANTING store bought, but very much opposed to NEEDING store bought, I found it in my heart to bottle some of the 2014 before winter sets in...

The fact that I need to rack and have no empty tanks is strictly besides the point.. :)

Had a crew of 5 folks to help. They always seem to be more enthusiastic when the winery job involves handling the finished product. They know that we need to make sure that the wine is up to standard through tasting!

Took us about 90 minutes then out came the shrimp, cheese, and meats to snack on while we sipped some of the older vintages from my cellar. It was nothing but good times!

The highlight for me was when one of the folks I had over said.. "what some folks may not understand is that there is more to winemaking then the winemaking"!!! That remark won him a bottle of my 99 sangiovese..

Racking everything this weekend.

Why would you then give him the "good" stuff! LOL

Sounds like he will start drinking it and not let it even age out to the 2 year mark! :sh

My brother, who has 7 (seven) 20-something kids and a mother-in-law, blows through wine at an alarming rate.

Latest posts

Back