Mulled Spice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drakes4moose

Junior
Reaction score
I made some Mulled Spice wine again this year for the holiday. I used Concord that has been aged in the carboy for a year. I used one gallon wine, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 3/4 cup honey, allspice, cloves, cinnamon, & nutmeg. Turned out wonderful. My question is, can I add these ingredients to the remaining three gallons and bottle realizing i will need to stabilize to prevent fermintation in the bottle? Thought I would siphon off some wine and heat dissolving the sugar and honey, then add the other spices and let sit for a week or so and once the flavor is where I want it, rack and bottle. Is there any worries with these ingredients in the bottles for long term storage 1+ yrs?

About all I can think of is with age the spices mite get either stronger or weaker. Guess there is one way to find out. Good luck with it, Arne.

Thanks for the response. I was thinking of racking off the spices once the flavor was where i wanted it.

Sure, but it can still change as it ages. Sometimes better, sometimes worse, and sometimes stay the same. Good luck with it, Arne.

Back