MOVING

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgecaprock

Reaction score
Help anyone!

I need some suggestions or advice on how to move a 250 lb TV. We will be moving in 2 weeks and having nightmares about going downa flights of stairs then going up another. We don't have the original box. Other then having 4 guys, a case of beer and some BenGay on hand what would you do? Use a dolly, but that would bump on each step or find a way that it would be less akward to carry. They should build those things with handles!!! I thought maybe you have had such an experience that you could share.

Thanks

Ramona

P.S. The wine is ready to go.....that was my first priority!!!
smiley1.gif

Surely at least 2 of the men can handle 125 pounds each? The only way to do it is with pure muscle and agility. Maybe they won't drink too much of the beer before tackling it. Sorry, don't have any good answers for ya.

smiley36.gif

I would suggest a piece of ply wood that would be big enough for the bottom of the TV to rest on. Then naila 2x4 on the down slope end so the TV will not slip off. Then attach a rope to lower it down the steps. In reverse, attach the rope to the 2x4 and pull up the stairs. All processes should include as many people as possible to assist and direct the TV. I hope this helps???

Thank you, Michael.

That is very helpful and a good idea!!! My other half is very rambunctious so just trying to make it easier, safer and faster.

Good plan..Ramona

Let me know how it goes. I will be thinking about you as I finish wiring a house tomorrow (on overtime!).

Wiring for some sort of explosives? I've seen your wine making technique.

Ramona,

My advice is ... use ebay to sell the TV. Buy a plasma, or one of those
Samsung DLP Tv's. Only 85 lb and 50" and HDTV.

Leave the past behind.

peterCooper,

I thought of that very thing...but not quite ready to upgrade....this one is very new so gotta stick it out for a while. We'll get it there!!!

Thanks.....mabe I'll take pictures...should be funny.

Ramona

Ramona, my advice would be to move by hand with muscle and agility. A friend of mine bought an old style 52" big screen when he divorced his wife and moved out. I was the unfortunate friend with a truck who had to go get it and help move it in his apartment. This thing weighed at least 250lbs if not more. We got it there and got it moved in much to the disappointment of my hemaroids
smiley19.gif
smiley36.gif
!!! Just kidding. When he moved in to his new house we had to move it again
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif
. This time we had four of us and the steps at both places were much easier. Just watch for it being a little top heavy. I know that is not what your husband wants to here but it would bethe safest for all things involved. Lynn

Lynn,

My husband is ok with a little top heaviness and good point about the TV too.....lol
smiley36.gif

Thanks

Or... You could hire professional movers for 1 hr of time to get the heaviest stuff moved. Think of the stress relief!

peterCooper:

I am an electrician. Although, in the Marine Corps, I did learn a bit about wiring explosives. Cant figure as to how to apply it to wine or beer making??

Who needs TV?

I can go for weeks without a TV. A computer, on the other hand.............
smiley36.gif

Yea, Martina me too. I would just let it bounce down the stairs but Curtis can't live without his sports. The only thingI watch is news and weather. I mostly like peace and quiet!!!

Ramona

smiley36.gif

That is funny. My husband tapes the news to watch them at his time. I can watch the news, but I also can read them.
smiley2.gif
My husband hates to read.
smiley36.gif

At least he doesn't need cable, yet....... Can you believe there are still people using antenna to get their TV programs? We're one family.
smiley36.gif
Edited by: MedPretzel

OH, well here it is digital video recorder, pause and rewind live tv....record one sports and watch another plus listen to it on the radio and read about it on the internet!!!! There's no turning back......to the antennae or rabbit ears
smiley5.gif
lol

Ramona
smiley36.gif

Ramona, they make large suction cups with handles on themthat attach to each side of the tv to facillitate moving them. You might could rent a set of them for the move or any good furniture store that sells the large screen tv's might loan you a set to get your tv loaded.

Or you might want to buy a set of what they call "Teamstrap" that are supposed to work great for moving large and heavy objects. Here is a testimonal from their web site about big screen tv:

I was never able to easily move my big screen television before, but with Teamstrap, I can move it with no back strain in minutes!
John Stone- Marietta , GA

The web site is https://www.teamstrap.com/ssl/order_now.aspEdited by: Waldo

Waldo,

I knew the forum was the best place to go for a wealth of information about anything!!!! You all are so ready to help no matter what the question.....not just our wines!! I will never have to look any further for great friends!!!!

That teamstrap looks really simple to use....just trying to figure out the physics of going up and down stairs
smiley5.gif
. I'll check with Best Buy or some where about th suction cup handles.

Thank you, Waldo.........................................Ramona

You are most welcome Ramona
smiley20.gif
By the way, where are you moving to?

Latest posts

Back