Mosti Mondiale Mosti Fresco: thin and not complex

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonvec

Reaction score
My Mosti Amarone Fresco is 14 months old I bottled about 2 months ago. Its not bad but on the other hand not any better than 60.00 juice bucket. From the posts I've read most people hear are very happy with their Amarone. I followed the instructions although I did add a couple of pounds of fresh Zinfandel grape to the must. I expected the wine to be more like my grape wines but instead it is almost indistinguishable from my juice bucket wines. Was I asking to much for 140.00 ?

I am going to assume you are referring to the Fresco (Fresh Juice) version of the Amarone, so my answers will directed as such.

I am getting mixed feedback on the Fresco's from the Northern Hemisphere as opposed to the Chilean Fresco's that everyone raves about and got me a medal last year. Some customers are thrilled with the product and others expected more. I have even raised the question to Nino, the president of Mosti, and he has heard some of the same. I can tell he is somewhat perplexed.

I am not convinced that the freezing could be part of the problem and based on all of the troubles I have delivering the product, the continued likelihood of offering it again is in question. When you consider how good some of their products are, it quesions whether it is worth the risk for any of us.

As always, I stand behind everything I sell, so please give me a call and we will get you a replacement for your less than stellar Amarone.

Why would the Chilean Fresco produce better results? Were they not both frozen musts? I hope you give the Chilean Fresco one more shot. I want to try a Carmenere Fresco.

I plan to do the Chilean again, just not sure about the other ones. As to why the Chilean is better, I don't know, but I will be talking more with Nino about it.

Also, while I spoke to you about my Cabernet, I was very pleased with my California Fresco Moscato. It might be a good idea to continue to at least offer the whites in the fall. Moreover, Moscato is usually not available as a non-dessert kit and for $75, this is the best value wine I have made with something other than grapes.

George, Although I was expecting a better wine I by no means hold you responsible in fact I admire you for trying to make the frozen juice work. I just don't understand why my results are just average and many others on this forum rave about how great their amorone is.

Back