WineXpert Most Popular Wine Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
George put this list together about a year ago to help people choose. I don't think it is current, but should give you a good place to start. I don't see any Mosti kits on it yet, so I assume it is not current. So just go ahead and order one or two of evrything George sells!

It does not update manually andI have been thinking about an update. Maybe, this weekend.

Judging by the popularity of these kits now Im sure we"ll see quite a few of these popping up in there.

I've been wanting to try one of the Mosti kits. Perhaps this will help me - or just confuse me more.
smiley2.gif
Either way it will be interesting info.

GrapeApeEdited by: GrapeApe

hey grapeape,

what kind of wine your looking for?

White light strong ??
red, blush??
light medium strong ???
oak bomb?

Maybe me and all other member here can sugest you some to narrow your search!

personnaly (beside the limited of this year) my next regular wine will probably be the Mosti Renaissance Barolo or the All juice master GRAND barolo. im looking forward for this powerfull red "wine of the kings"

That's the problem - I like them all!! I'm hopingthat seeing what everyone else is trying may help. My favorites are Pinot Noir's (batch in carboy now), but I recently came back to the bigger reds like cabs, merlots, red zins, etc., so as long as it finishes dry, I'd probably like it. I had a Cab from Clos Du Boisa fewweeks ago that makes me want to starta cab kittoo. The super tuscan crushendo sounds really good as does the shiraz.

The Mrs. like's dry whites, so we're planning on starting the Select Estate Pinot Gris from Oregon this weekend. One of her fav's is a semillon from Chateu Ste Michelle, so the chard / semillon blend looks good too.

I hope it's ok to mention off the shelf vineyards in here, but since everyone's tastes are different, I figure it may provide astarting pointfor those that have tasted a bottle from that vineyard and compare it to a kit.

As always, I appreciate the help.

GrapeApe.

Maybe we need to set up a roulette wheel for the people who cant decide what to get!
smiley36.gif

smiley5.gif
smiley5.gif
smiley5.gif
I could use one of those wheels....cannot make up my mind for the life of me!!!

smiley5.gif
smiley5.gif

Perhaps George is hiding one inthe back room to select the wines of the month?!?!?!

Bert and I had the hardest time selecting some wine kits before I went to Texas. I knew I'd be coming back in a moving van and there would be room for wine kits in it, but I didn't expect the decision to be that hard! We picked out 3 and then I added a 4th while I was there!
smiley9.gif
But I figure I don't get this chance too often, so I should make use of it!

When questions like this arise, the only logical approach is to try any and everything that strikes your fancy. I can assure you that in retrospect, you will be glad you did. I have several wines in various stages of production that I had never even heard the names thereof before George and Mosti. This is just one of the many things that make home wine making such a fantastic hobby....or passion.

cheers

Otto, I too have heard the names of wine, that i have never heard before! I read the short version of the description, and if it sounds like me, I try it. So, right now I have three wine kits to start on that I've never heard before! Like going to the liquor store and trying to choose a new wine except these are in larger "bottles"!
smiley36.gif
At least purchasing it by the gallons you do get a short description of the wine.

Yeah, I wish there was a way to get an airline bottle sized sample of all the kits.Having to wait 262,800 minutes before knowing if the kit suits your taste is just pure torture.
smiley36.gif

GrapeApe.

Yea, I think the companies should give retailers small bottles to let
customers sample even if it upped the price of each kit by a dollar. I
think more people would be not as hesitant to make beer and wine that
way or not have to refund peoples money if they were expecting much
more!

Latest posts

Back