Mosti Mondiale MM Renaissance Chilean Pinot Noir

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Started this guy yesterday. Picked it up before the end of the year while everything was on sale. Another "Unlimited Edition" from Mosti Mondiale. Will see how this compares to the MM All Juice Pinot Noir that is bulk aging currently in the winery.

Wife likes Pinot Noir these days. Little softer on the tannins (and her stomach)

7 month old juice. Starting SG was 1.10. Comes with 60gms French Oak chips.

20100211_182000_DSC02444.jpg

24 hours post yeast pitch, already off to the races and the winery is once again smelling yummy.
smiley17.gif

20100211_182421_DSC02447.jpg

Life is good!

A good Pinot noir is a treat indeed. Ive made a couple of these Renaissance kits, and I am very impressed with the quality of wine made from them, hopefully your wife will be well pleased with it as well.

how does Chilean pinot noir compare to New Zealand pinot noir? We will have to see this time next year maybe.

LOOKING GOOD!
smiley20.gif

I LIKE THE RENAISSANCE KITS.
EVERYONE I HAVE DONE HAS TURNED OUT GREAT!

Mine's on back order and should be in around the 15th. Looking forward to making this one as well. I have the Renaissance Old Vine Cab going right now and is smells and looks great. My wife is also into PN as well. Hopefully she likes it.

Keep us posted on your progress!

Regards,

Pete

Looks good, Mike!

George just sent me an email stating that my Renaissance PN just shipped. Should have it by Saturday. Thanks to your advise regarding my Old Vine Cab, I now have a primary fermenter available. Looking forward to starting this one!

How long are you going to bulk age this one?

Pete

A year max or a minimum of 6 months if I need the Carboy bad!

I have 10 Carboys (full) and not buying any more......
smiley3.gif

Never say never. Those carboys are sneaky creatures. They always find a way in. I'm up to 13. Shesh.

I made this kit a year ago and it's super good. Very distinct Pinot nose, cherries and bacon. My friend made the EP Dashwood Pinot about 18 months ago and it's nice as well, not as obviously Pinot. In my opinion the MM Chilean Pinot is better. AND here's one that doesn't need 2 years to come around, at 9 months it was there.

I made this one last May or June 2009. Still in the carboy. I am hopeful to bottle in a month or so. I have high hopes.

Definitely time for a taste test then!

Trubador said:
I made this one last May or June 2009. Still in the carboy. I am hopeful to bottle in a month or so. I have high hopes.

Latest posts

Back