Mosti Mondiale Bottling Day For MM Renaissance Chilean Pinot Noir

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Been a while since i have bottled anything so this weekend it was time for the MM Renaissance Chilean Pinot Noir. Started on 2/10/10 so its just over 8 months since the born on date. The pH on this guy was pretty low. Only 3.2. I ran a Free SO2 test a few weeks ago with the aeration/oxidation rig and got 48 ppm so did not add another dose of SO2 as it was not needed. Bottled the usual 2 splits for tasting down the road.

Tasting notes on the left over glass were pretty impressive. More Pinot flavor and aromas than the MM AJ which seems to be slower to develop like most of the MM AJ's. Very fruit forward, a nice amount of spice similar to a Zinfandel but less tannic for sure. Light oak, didn't add anymore than the supplied. With that low pH you would think it would have loads of acidity but it seemed to be pretty balanced over all. We'll see what a few more months in the bottle will do for this guy and report back at that time but right now I am pretty impressed with the quality and flavor at only 8 months.
smiley1.gif

20101025_213636_DSC02773.jpg

20101025_213651_DSC02774.jpg

20101025_213704_DSC02779.jpg

20101025_213717_DSC02776.jpg

Very nice!
smiley20.gif

Love the labels! I always enjoy reading your tasting notes.

IB....any update on how this wine turned out, very interested on what your impressions are, as I have one Bulked right now for a few months.

I have not opened any of the splits. I usually wait at least a year befor cracking the first one. This was started on 2/10/10 so will wait a couple more months. I did open a split on my MM AJ Pinot Noir. Still pretty young, not a ton of Pinot character still but then its only 13 months old and the AJ's seem to take 18-24 months to develop well.

I have about 10 bottles left. I think it should have had a dose of Tannin before bottling. Lots of strawberry and cherry, raspberry, very smooth and easy to drink but the finish is sorta short, never did develop a whole lot of real Pinot flavor. Seemed spicy/peppery at 12 months but that has faded now and I miss that note a bunch.

Latest posts

Back