Mosti Mondiale MM Amarone 1st step

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Francie

Reaction score
Okay, I know a lot has been posted on this kit, but I would like to get a feel for what everyone has done. Directions say to lay clean plastic sheet over top, do I not put the primary lid on, and instead put plastic wrap? (like commercial Cling Wrap?) (what about airlock/bung), Also, directions said to dissolve yeastin 2oz water,wait 15 minutes then stir it in? That's what I did.

I really like the WineExpert kit and RJ Spagnols for their directions. These directions are a little ambiguous. (Maybe I am just trying to do everything correctly and making it harder than it really is!)

Thank you for the input!!

Francie

This appears to be a common concern. I will finally get one going this weekend and provide my comments as I make the kit.

George ...Thanks for that because I have been kinda iffy about buying one of these until I heard some feedback on them...
smiley4.gif

I'm sure you could use the lid and airlock as this is what I do for
every wine I make and have never had a problem but wait for George I
guess! As far as rehydrating the yeast, it is a good idea and is
basically making a starter yeast.

Francie, I started my MM December 18th. I followed directions and dissolved the yeast in the 2 oz water, and waited one hour and 15 minutes before adding it to my primary, only becausemy primary temperature was to cold. I had to heat my juice up before I could add the yeast. The temperature was at 70 when I added the yeast. I laid the lid on the top of the bucket and placed a towel over that. Make sure you rely on the hydrometer readings. My activity seemed to be extensive, and things seemed to move quite rapidly. Today I did the step four of the MM Amarone Kit, and am very pleased with the results. I too, like you, wanted to make no mistakes. I had a lot of help from friends on this forum.

Check under, Wine Concentrate Kits, December 28th, Third Day Amarone.....Part II. You will see some pictures of my experience with the MM kit.

Francie, are you using a 7.5 gallon bucket or a 6.5 gallon. Please
check as if it is the smaller one you will have to watch it very
closely as it will probably overflow with bubbling.

Thank for the feed back. I do have the larger bucket. I will let you guys know how things are going, and yes, I did read the previous posting so thank you very much!!! Cannot wait--I have been in my "wine making room" about six times to look at it since starting it
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
. I am a proud mama!! It says to stir every day!!! Cannot wait to squeese those raisins!!!

Francie

Latest posts

Back