Mosti Mondiale MM All Juice Petite Syrah

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nicejob, again. I like the label. Was that from the company you usually order from?

Yep!
smiley4.gif

Flem said:
Nice job, again.  I like the label.  Was that from the company you usually order from? 

Some of the Australians that I have seen are a lighter color and I was going by the pictures that you posted from last September. Do you know where the grapes are from for your PS?

Somewhere is Cali is the only thing I could figure out. Mosti is not the best at letting the enduser know where the juice comes from unlike Cellar Craft that even gives you a vineyard in most instances!

Mike. Gonna pull the trigger on this today. (PS all juice plus Syrah grape pack) any updates?

This wine is now over two years old and I have about a case left. It did turn out very nice I have to say. Remember that I added a Syrah grape pack that didn't come with the kit. I added one from Cellar Craft back when they were still selling them separately. The only place to get grape packs these days are online from eBay (forget the seller but they are around $20 each IIRC). It also went into a Vadai barrel for 3 months or so and I added some more TanCor to it as well.

These Mosti All Juice kits do make a very nice wine but they can and usually do take 2 years to mature into something special.

Mike, Thanks for updating this thread. I've been told over and over that the MM all Juice kits are the bottom of the barrel, lowest kits out there. It is nice to know that with the proper time and adjustments, they can render an amazing wine.

There are a lot of MM all Juice kit varieties that I would venture to try at the right price point, but even more importantly, I can now tell customers at the LHBS that they aren't buying garbage when they select these kits, they just need to age them longer.

I was scolded for telling a faithful customer to age his Amarone MM All juice kit for at least a year, and if he could, add 2 cups of raisins to the fermenting bucket to increase body and mouth feel, the LHBS owner argued that if I told them to age it a year instead of the 3 months in the instructions, they wouldn't drink it soon enough and wouldn't buy more..... I can't make this nonsense up, I guess advising your customers to make the best wine possible ranks lower than having them make an inferior product, as long as they keep spending.....

Thanks again,
Tom

Yeah, just went to see George today and they can only sell grape packs with certain kits. He is trying to get Mosti to change this. Hope he does. BTW, he thins the Most grape packs (which are not labeled) are Ruby Cabernet

All the AJ products turned out to make a good to very good wine but it did seem to take 2 years to get there. I made the AJ Amarone and it turned out fantastic. Again it took its time. I think there are other kits that develop quicker and are faster to drink for the same amount of $$. It all depends on your time frame and or patience I guess.

Easy, just make more than you could possibly drink! I usually bottled my kit wines at around 6-9 months. I have a Red Mountain Cab that just turned 2 years old this month and I just last week popped the cork on the first bottle. I have 14 carboys and 4 Vadai barrels now. My wines from fresh grapes will all spend ~18 months in either a carboy or a barrel before I even think about blending and bottling sometime late this Winter

I guess that would do it! So, all I need is 9 carboys, 4 barrels, a carpenter and a plumber and I'll be in business!
By the way, nice website.

So what would be a sub for the grape packs? Raisins of some sort? George said teh PS comes out a bit light amd I am used to the inky purple ones I can find commercially.

It is never done adding any value that is the beauty. Once it is neutral after two years of continuous service then you just add 3oz of oak cubes. You get the micro-ox and concentration from the barrel and the oak flavor from the cubes.

I would only add raisins to an Italian varietal as I think you can taste them. I would see if you could find those that were being sold on ebay through that canadian kit manufacturer if possible.

So what would be a sub for the grape packs? Raisins of some sort? George said teh PS comes out a bit light amd I am used to the inky purple ones I can find commercially.

Latest posts

Back