Missouri wine party!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big thank you to Mark and his family for the hospitality, and definitely Doug for the goodie bags. :) Was a good time! Glad to put faces to the names! PM me if you're ever out towards Columbia.

Thanks to Mark for hosting (and feeding) us and Doug for the goodies.

It was good to meet everybody that made it.

Uploaded Pictures!!!

I uploaded the pictures from our wine party - enjoy!!!

Unfortunately I am not in the pics - I was taking them...

Rachel(Dougs wife), Doug(Beer and Wine Supply) Gary(Marks Dad), Ron(Ron22)

100_3747-2070.jpg

Mark(Midwest Vintner), Gary(Marks Dad), Carol(Garys Wife), Chris(ckassotis - in the back), Gary(garymc)

100_3748-2071.jpg

Doug(Beer and Wine Supply), Rachel(Dougs Wife), Bob(BobF), Ron(Ron22), Mark(Midwest Vintner - in the back, blue shirt), Carol(Garys wife), Gary(garymc), Chris(ckassotis - far right in the back)

100_3749-2072.jpg

Mark(Midwest Vintner - providing the tastings!!), Ron(Ron22 - in the background)

100_3750-2073.jpg

Gary(garymc - farthest to the left), Carol(Garys wife), Chris(ckassotis)

100_3751-2074.jpg

Ron(Ron22 - in the corner), Carol(Garys wife), Gary(Marks Dad)

100_3754-2075.jpg

Ron(Ron22 - in the corner), Carol(Garys wife), Gary(Marks Dad), Chris(ckassotis - at the bar)

100_3752-2076.jpg

Doug(Beer and Wine Supply), Rachel(Dougs Wife)

100_3755-2077.jpg

Last edited:
If you do this again I would be interested.

Also I've PM'd a member "terroirdejeroir" who lives in Columbia...we've never met but talked about getting together.

I'm a newbie to winemaking but my shtick is making wine from the tropical plants I grow in my greenhouse: calamondin, guava, hibiscus, carambola...so far. Also other country wines from plants grown on our property.

If you do this again I would be interested.

Also I've PM'd a member "terroirdejeroir" who lives in Columbia...we've never met but talked about getting together.

I'm a newbie to winemaking but my shtick is making wine from the tropical plants I grow in my greenhouse: calamondin, guava, hibiscus, carambola...so far. Also other country wines from plants grown on our property.

Absolutely - the next time we plan an outing we make it public on the forum again. We can double back to this thread and make sure we give all the folks that are interested in coming a heads up....

I think it would be nice next time to make a list of the wines tasted.

Wow this is awesome to be able to put all these names to all these faces. Nice meeting you all. Looks like you guys had a real good time.

Yeah it was an excellent time. Being the first gathering we had - I really thought it went well.

I like Gary's idea of having a sheet with wines on there and wines tasted. Could make it blindly - then folks could add objective comments...

So i was taking the pictures at the party - so i am not in any of them - so i thought I would post a few pics of myself so folks could place a name to a face. I don't have any individual ones of myself - so you get to meet my family :h

My son (Garrett), daughter (Gracie), myself (Jon - winemaker_3352)

100e3546-2068.jpg

Myself (Jon - winemaker_3352)< holding my newest son (Grant), Garrett, Gracie, my wife (Lesley) - we are back stage at the circus here...

100_3712-2064.jpg

Nice family Jon and thanks for posting. I have enjoyed looking at the pics.

Latest posts

Back