Might of made a boo boo....Please help to clarify

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pulled a glass out with a wine thief and it was crystal clear. Maybe I will mix some grape juice in a glass with some wine and see what it taste like....might be gross

Hey everyone. I wanted to thank you all once again. Especially the extra racking advice. I bottled last night, and at the very end, there wasn't a single spec of sludge on the bottom. I almost felt like chugging the bottom of the carbouy. :) . It actually tastes pretty good for a $40 kit, just a little watery, since I topped up with water instead of other wine. Now.....Lets Party!

I don't know.

I only buy grapes and juice buckets.

My LHBS guy keeps pushing me to buy RJ Spangolas "Chilean Shiraz"
He says I can make a 20 L Shiraz identical to the one I usually make for $79.
What a deal...considering I only pay $45 for the same amount. Lol.

Next time you may want to add a gallon of juice to your original kit at start and when you rack the first time keep it in a jug. then each time you rack you can use this to top up your carboy. just be sure to have smaller bottles for whats left. 1gal, 1/2gal, 750ml, and a 20 bottle. rack the small container first into your carboy and fill with your primary then keep leftovers in adequate sized container.

Abrnth3 said:
Next time you may want to add a gallon of juice to your original kit at start and when you rack the first time keep it in a jug. then each time you rack you can use this to top up your carboy. just be sure to have smaller bottles for whats left. 1gal, 1/2gal, 750ml, and a 20 bottle. rack the small container first into your carboy and fill with your primary then keep leftovers in adequate sized container.

I always side batch.
Usually with 4 to 6 liters concord or allacante.
Mixed all together in the 2 primary vessels.
Then racked down to glass and topped up.
Anything left over goes into my port collection for refermentation to 18%

I have 54 L, 26 L, 20 L , 16 L, 10 L, all the way down to 375 ml. And a 2 L sepratory funnel for separating the port lees.

Latest posts

Back