WineXpert Mezza Luna white or Luna Bianca

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickswine

Reaction score
I wanted to make a off-dry white for my wife and her friends and was looking for opinions on the Mezza Luna vs the Luna Bianca. From what I've read both are rated very well and they seem to be simular, except in price.

Any preferences?

Can't help on the comparo but I have made and like the Mezza Lunas, both read and white. Easy to make. I just ferment them dry and bottle. It is primary oaked, so that's a nice plus. Early drinkers and they mature some in bottle.

I've made the Luna Bianca twice and the Mezza once. They are both very good! The Luna is a lot bigger, fuller, richer.. I'm not sure what is the right term but hopefully you get what I mean. Test by adding 1/2 or 3/4 of the F-pac to either of these and taste before adding more. I added around 3/4 to my 2nd batch and I liked it better than my first batch which I added the entire F-pac. Both of these wines are drinkable within a few months in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back