WineXpert Mezza luna white and red

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franco22

Reaction score
I made these kits in the last couple of months and they are very good...only to get better with time. My question is does anybody know what variety of grapes are used? Someone asked us and I drew a blank....:?any info would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Frank

It's a proprietary blend that WE does not disclose. You can make that work for you by answering, "It's a PROPRIETARY blend!" in a conspiratorial voice and nodding sagely.

I have been working on a bottle of the red this week as my after-work treat. It's definitely a cut above what I have in it in cost.

Red is the baby brother of the Luna Rossa, which is basically an Amarone:

The Luna Rossa is a blend and is modeled after the Italian wine, Amarone de Recioto de Valpolicella. It’s made in the north-east of Italy, in the Veneto region. Ripasso-style, it utilises partially rasined grapes of typical Italian varietals. Were you to make some educated guesses as to the nature of the formulation based on this, you’d be going in the right direction.
http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/f84/luna-rossa-grape-type-11314/

Not sure about the white version. It appears to be mostly chardonnay, or least in the style of a chardonnay, but with more sweetness.

Back