Merry Christmas to me

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveL

Reaction score
My wife got me this barrel for Christmas. I asked for a 5 gal she got a 10. Medium toast. I will use this for reds.
I don't think she fully comprehended the ramifications of her decision.
My first barrel any suggestions or knowledge you want to share I would appreciate. It seems the rubber bung is very tight. Do you pound it in with a mallet?
://www.homebrewit.com/wine-making-supplies-oak-barrels.php

Those look very nice, I think she made the right call. 2X the size for only $20! Perfect for double kits with an extra gallon left over for the Angels. You should be able to keep the wine in for a minimum of 3 months to start off with, perhaps longer depending on your preference. No need to pound the bung in. Just seat it firmly by hand.

Those look very nice, I think she made the right call. 2X the size for only $20! Perfect for double kits with an extra gallon left over for the Angels. You should be able to keep the wine in for a minimum of 3 months to start off with, perhaps longer depending on your preference. No need to pound the bung in. Just seat it firmly by hand.

Im glad you reminded me roughly a week a gallon I had forgotten and was thinking 4 weeks
1. ://www.homebrewit.com/wine-making-supplies-oak-barrels.php
I also got one of these kits in a cab sauv. I know I need another.

Latest posts

Back