WineXpert Merlot and Mulled Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BethB

Reaction score
I am making Merlot and it has about 7 more days in the carboy before I can bottle it. I would like to mull it, or make spiced wine before I bottle it. It is from WineXpert and from a kit. Has anyone ever done this? My goal is to give spiced wine as a Christmas gift to friends and family. I have scoured the net and can't seem to find anything about whether it's ok to bottle it or not.

I've never seen bottled mulled wine before. Every time I have seen mulled wine it was prepared at the place it was being served.

I have received pre-bottled Glühwein as a gift from Germany. (I am afraid I cannot tell you how it tasted, as I threw it away without trying it. Not a huge fan of Glühwein.)

I have received pre-bottled Glühwein as a gift from Germany. (I am afraid I cannot tell you how it tasted, as I threw it away without trying it. Not a huge fan of Glühwein.)

The wife and I make a batch of Nordic Glögg every year, which we enjoy in front of the fireplace during the winter months.
One time many years ago, we gave away bottles of it as holiday gifts. After the fact, I occasionally wondered how many of those bottles were enjoyed vs. poured down the drain. Just because we enjoy something, doesn't mean everyone else will. We don't give away bottles of our home made wine for the exact same reason.
Stick to store bought, then at least they can re-gift it. :b

Latest posts

Back