Memories

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfwwino

Reaction score
No, it's not time for a Barbara Streisand song. I just wanted to note another reason I love winemaking. In honor and memory of my late mother, I am currently drinking a 1998 Blackberry wine, made in the style of a red Bordeaux (oaking, dry, etc.). It has been three years this month since she passed away, and she and I shared several bottles of this 1998 Blackberry before she died. She really loved this wine. It is nice to be able to later drink something you enjoyed with a loved one. It is also unbelievable how much this wine has improved with age. Edited by: dfwwino

Beautiful, that the wine has improved, but I have a feeling your mother had something to do with it ageing so wonderfully.

It's difficult to lose someone, but how wonderful it is to be able to have something like that to cherish.

Cheers to you, and to your mother.

I'm sure the wine helped bring back wonderful memories of your Mom! Thanks for sharing that with us.

We lost my father in law who used to make wine. I didnt start making
wine until after he died. I wish he was around to try a bottle and
appreciate what goes into it. I feel your pain heartfelt.

I think we all end up there sometime in our lives... wishing our lost loved ones could seen where we have come (or gone).

peterCooper said:
I think we all end up there sometime in our lives... wishing our lost loved ones could seen where we have come (or gone).

I like to believe that they do. Wherever they might be.

Latest posts

Back