Memorial Day Feast

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PolishWineP said:
Scotty! Did you sneak into the vault to view all the Princess's tiaras?
smiley2.gif
Good thing I just had the little ones in there...

i'm a peeping scotty
smiley3.gif

We do not have memorial day here in Canada but to honor my new bestest's freinds holiday, I decided to go trout fishing, ( I must say that the weekend was so quiet around here while u were all busy). anyway I only got one fish but it was well worth it. The pictures below tell the tale so to speak!! Maybe not as good as your newmemorial day feastbut I hope u like!
20070531_091159_100_5360_Small.JPG

20070531_091244_100_5363_Small.JPG

20070531_091335_100_5365_Small.JPG

20070531_091415_100_5367_Small.JPG

Pretty excited its been a couple of years since I caught a fresh speckled sea trout that was 20 inches and justover 4.5 lbs...silver and pink inside for those of you that know trout and wow what a fight.. canu tell I was excited lol
smiley2.gif

I forgot to show you the finished result, it was panfried ina very large pan and stuffed with some spanish onion and spices and tied with bakers string to hold it in. The trimmins are a spinach and almond medley of delight with parsley,lemon, and spices all over while finished in a salamander to make sure it was completely cooked.....

20070531_092542_100_5378_Small.JPG

That picture almost makes me wish that I like fish!!!!

You must be a gourmet chef.
Ramona
fisherman1.gif

appleman said:
Scotty those are Rhinestone Tiaras, can't be they belong to PWP. I hear hers are real diamonds-not even Zirconium!
You must remember that I am trailer trash and can not relate to the real stuff
smiley19.gif
smiley36.gif

rgecaprock said:
That picture almost makes me wish that I like fish!!!!

You must be a gourmet chef.
Ramona
fisherman1.gif
I do dabble, My family have been in the restaurant business all of my life!!

scotty said:
Nice fish and nice paint job on the bike
smiley4.gif

Thanks Scotty...1971 FXE was an FLH( i dont know why i converted it ). I had the last paint job for 20 yrs so four years agoI took it apart to do some wiring and found some body parts on ebay cheap soI figured hmmm why not try a new paint job!! Ill try n find the pics for you!!

Trigham said:
scotty said:
Nice fish and nice paint job on the bike
smiley4.gif

Thanks Scotty...1971 FXE was an FLH( i dont know why i converted it ). I had the last paint job for 20 yrs so four years agoI took it apart to do some wiring and found some body parts on ebay cheap soI figured hmmm why not try a new paint job!! Ill try n find the pics for you!!
i never get enough bike pics. i would like to see them.

heres my bike pics
http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d199/slowpoke59ds/my%20bikes/?start=0

Awesome looking meal there Trig.....So what wine did you have with it?

Waldo said:
Awesome looking meal there Trig.....So what wine did you have with it?

Thanks waldo, I have ben out with my fishing buddy almost everyday since and he has caught one fish each time around 2 lbs each, not as big as mine was but he is killing me
smiley19.gif
. I am hoping my luck changes tomorrow,I had a few smashes recently but nothing as a result..

I has an Austrailian wine to go with that meal, it was a store bought wine called [ yellow tail] Cardonnay. have you heard of it, My wife is a representative for them, doing tastings here at our local liquor outlets. So I get little benifts from it lol
smiley32.gif

I enjoyed also a glass of blueberry wine that a neighbor made last fall, it was very gaseous but delicious none the less, whenI got back home that night . I called him the next day and thanked him for the bottle and he said he did have a few bottles almost champange pop when he open them with a little eruption he said he didnt know what he did !! Any way very nice of him to share..

Ive heard of it and had it. I like the Australian wines as they hav
come a long way. Does your neighbor have a computer, tell him to join us in our happy family and I think you get a discount for referrals.

Latest posts

Back