Mosti Mondiale Meglioli Limited Amarone Fermentation stuck?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankieIce

Reaction score
3/11/14 the SG was 1.097 when we pitched the yeast. We used the all grape pack.

Racked to secondary as per instructions on 3/13/14 SG: 1.044. Those who know this kit know that it says between 1.040 and 1.050. This was day three.

The ambient temperature in our wine fermenting room is 72 degrees.

On 3/14/14, SG was 1.010. So, since we've done a few kits already, we believe it's moving along well as usual.

3/17/14, the SG is 1.002. Again, I think it's going quite well as usual. That's where it's stayed since. Took it earlier today 3/23/14 and it is the same.

Now we've only made a few dry red kits, but we've not had a problem with fermentation thus far.

Any suggestions? Thanks very much indeed...
Frankie

Last edited:
Is the temperature still 72F? You could try warming things up a bit (mid to upper 70s). But, frankly, I'd give Mosti a call and follow their suggestions. They'll be able to help you resolve this issue.

the wine is done. follow the remainder of the instructions. wine sg will go down as degassing occurs and all particles removed from wine.

I have done this kit for several years now and have always fermented well below 1.000. I agree you need to warm it up a bit and perhaps stir it up a bit. I would not assume it's done at this point and would top it up and give it more time. Six days is no time at all. Let it sit in secondary for two weeks then check SG.

Not done...

Thanks very much indeed, everyone.

Just a note: the wine had been in the secondary for ten days already.

I've increased the temperature in the room to a minimum of 74 degrees F. early yesterday. Actually it was 74 when we did our last few kits during the winter, but with warmer weather, we have had it turned down, but I didn't think 72 degrees would slow fermentation down to a standstill.

I'll take the SG shortly...

Edit: SG remains the same, but we'll give it some more time.

Cheers. :b

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back