Mosti Mondiale Meglioli Barolo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TankCa

Reaction score
During primary my Meglioli Barolo foamed up like there was no tomorrow. Almost went to the top of a 10gal.container. Is this normal?

I also did a Rojo Intensio and have a Rojo Grande in the 3rd day of primary and neither one foamed up like the Barolo.
With 3 Meglioli's going, I'mvery interesting in hearing what otherswhodid them last year think. How do they compare with other high end kits such asCrushendo?

Thanks,

A few of us have seen this happen with the Megliolis but haven't figured out why as of yet.

It happens a lot with the bigger reds like the Meglioli Rojo Intenso. I had a huge mess in my shop with the 4 Meglioli reds I did and the Rojo Intenso just wants to keep fermenting with a lot of foam. These wines are excellent and worth the trouble. I think though what I will do with them from now on is split them between 2 pails for the first strong fermentation after mixing because it would be less time in the long run spent to clean an extra pail rather than shelf, outside of pail, other carboys they spill onto and floor.

We did 3 Meg. Barolo's at once in a SS tank and left 5 inches of headspace.It was barely enough. Had some come out the airlock. For some reason, these wines can get going like nothing I have seen. All I know is this kit is my fave!

I waitied till I got a 10gal fermentor to start myMeglioli(just in case). Sounds like that was a good decision. I just started the Rojo Intenso yest and have the Barolo waiting.

I know this has prob been asked but is anyone going to transfer the raisins to the secondary or just squeeze the juice out of them and discard?

Last year I wasn't aware of anyone that carried these in the U.S. so this is my first try also.

I made the MM port with the raisins and there was nothing left for flavor of the raisins just bloated with alc. Squeeze them out and discard.

You can transfer the raisins, but after 5 days, they seem pretty well used up. I tasted one and it was very sour! I would therefore assume that the goodies have all gone into the wine.

Tank, this will be my first Meglioli kit also. (Cab Sav del Veneto)
I am very excited and hope if anyone else has made this kit, how they liked it?
smiley1.gif

You're stronger than I am--couldn't budge mine but all worked out.
I'll be interested to hear your initial reactions to the Cab. I'm considering that one for next year.

Latest posts

Back