Meet & Greet

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Going to a local Wine supply store Sat 6th to meet Gene Spaziani, the author of "The Home Winemakers Companion" book. I dont buy anything form him as his prices are too high for me but he is a friend that I used to work right next to a few years ago. He just started this store a few months ago and I helped him with his grand Opening by bringing about 10 bottles of wine and anwering questions for customers as he was swamped. He is looking into giving me a discount but even then George will have him beat and so will the lady that I also buy from. I will have Gene sign my edition of the book. I will bring some more wines with me again also. Should be a good time. For anyone near me its in Ansonia, Ct.

Had a great time today and talked quite a bit with Gene. He started making wine in 1938 and knows everybody in the wine making business as he has big ties with "Winemaker Magazine" and "American Wine Society" He is good friends with Peter Brehm, Tim Vandergrift an many more big names. Also met a really nice guy by the name of Frank who lives in CT. and is going to be teaching aspects of wine making at various schools around here who purchased George's new videosto visually stimulate the class as showing is typically better then just talk. Met quite a few new winemakers and threw this site at them in case they get a little worried in their endeavor. A great day!

That must have been fun to learn and meet new people with the same interests.

Keep us Posted on your new venture into wine making and helping others....

Would be nice if some of the people you met join us here.......

WADE isn,t it great to be around people who have the same passion as yourself and being able to either help them or fine something out new and continue to expand the pallet of flavors this craft has to offer................................wine making as other crafts is very rewarding on a personal level i think........................
smiley2.gif

The thing I really want to knowis: did you use eye shadow on the other side to ty to mask your shiner? Just tell them you are "The Lone Ranger". Glad you had a good time.

I was very glad no reporters showed to take pictures as Gne is a very big name and my eye has got much worse.

Almost forgot to add something that Gene said about competitions that I was really wondering on and picked his brain. I asked him what they think about choosing between a kit and a true grape wine what the differences are typically and he said that almost every time the thing that is really different is the bouquet as the kit wine usually lacks just a bit there from a grape wine. He said that most likely it is the flash pasteurization that just makes it lose a little bit in that area otherwise most of time the kit usually wins.

Back