Measure Sulfites in Reds

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been using my vinmetrica 300 for about 2 years and it is worth it.

That is good to hear, I also got the MLF attachment for it. I think I will post photos when it comes in and really double check a lot of my numbers.

I got my Vinemetrica 300 last year and used it some. This year so far I have used it on 40 gal of Cabernet Franc we just initiated MLF on. It is a great tool, but it is one that you need to follow the directions on carefully. I find that I use it infrequently enough that I always have to refer back to the manual. This year will be the first that I have used the MLF attachment. I will post my impressions when I do that, probable in about three week. I like the Vimemetrica!

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

I really like my Vinmetrica 300. It has come in especially handy in my making of wine from juice buckets. For each test, I made up a summary sheet, similar to what is on their website, of steps. It was a bit expensive but I tired of inaccurate Titrets and test strips. It's great knowing how much free sulfite I actually have. Plus, I had not already invested in a pH meter and I needed to measure that anyway. I did not get the MLF part, nor did I get the burette, stand, or magnetic stirrer. So far it's worked fine; takes a bit of concentration on my part.

NS

Back