Margarita Wine...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

closetwine

Advanced Idiot
Reaction score
I had a heck of a time with this...
Nutrient, energizer, 2 starters, 3 days.... NADA!

So I figured the acid was way too high... I had no way to test/fix it in a hurry so.... Yes, I did the unthinkable.... BAKING SODA!

It worked... rather nicely I might add... So here's your chance to tell me what for... LOL!

5 cans Bacardi mixers Margarita
2 cans limeaid (frozen)
water (about a gallon? I topped off a carbot with it and then had to dump it in primary and add another qt.)
I didn't need sugar this stuff is SWEET!
nutrient/energizer as directed
I used Corte De Blanc yeast 20/20 hindsight would've used 1118

After it wouln't get going, I added about 3 tbs of baking powder.
Then the yeast took off like crazy.... Mine will be about 14% if it goes dry.
I plan on bottling in beer bottles.
The baking soda adds a little saltiness to it, but it goes great with the margarita flavor... I'll keep this updated!

i ended up trying this after your first post.
i used 3 cans (bacardi) and water to make a gallon.
then i had to adjust sugar to roughly 11-12%. which meant i actually ended up with just over half a gallon after adding to much sugar. lol.
i used the red star yellow package. Pasteur champagne i think.
made a starter before work. tossed it after work. woke up to a bubbling hissing must. so far so good.

I wanted a stout flavor... It's for Hubby and I know how he likes his Margarita's so I am trying to duplicate. Lets keep this thread goin and compare how they turn out... it might help any1 else who wants to try it!

:u
Ok, this was racked k-meta & sorbate last week.
Today we F-paked with 1 can bacardi mixer, sugar to backsweeten to 1.040 (that's what hubby liked).
Hit it with the spark too.

Tasty stuff. A little sweeter than an actual margarita but it hides some "dirt aftertaste" that hubby hated.

All in all This is probably gonna be repeated around here. If left dry it drinks more like a beer to me, sweeter will be awesome over ice! ABV ended up at 12% but like SP you can't tell.
Definately a dangerous drink!:try
FYI This is the first to get Hubby's stamp of Approval!

Sounds good. I wonder if there are daiquiri wine recipes available?

well... i might have to try the baking soda... i tried 3 starters, more nutrient, and it stopped at 5%... depression...

If you try baking soda add jish a pinch and give it 30mins-hr, then do again till it goes. It'll kill a little bit of flavor, so plan on f-paking this. Good Luck!

If have found the problem with it is if it tastes good early, it is hard to have any left to try after it ages a little. Arne.

LOL! No kidding... I doubt hubby will let this age, so I'm gonna thief a 750 mL bottle and hide it. The rest is going into beer bottles.

Looks good for being just over a month into the process. I would definately let this age a minimum of 2-3 months from now. It's still very cloudy and all the flavors will have more time to mesh.

The only problem with keeping one bottle is it is gonna be your fault for not making a bigger batch. lmao. Arne

Just to straighten this out. We are letting it clear. I was asked what color it was so that's why there's a pic of cloudy wine! ;) I'll get a better pic when it is totally clear before bottling.

No one is allowed to drink this til its clear... Hubby's not happy, but he didn't spend the time babying it either!

Latest posts

Back