Other malbec -RJ spangols vs cellarcraft

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knockabout

Reaction score
Hi All,
I want to make a great Malbec. Has anyone done the Cellarcraft /Argentinean Malbec with skins or the RJ Spangols Malbec with skins? Any thoughts on either of these kits would be appreciated.

We love bold reds but realized hubbys favorite red is Malbec and we have not done one yet! I was a little disapointed in the limited editions this year so am finding something else to fill my time!

Thanks

Last year, the WE LE 2012 Argentine Malbec was great. Based on that, I would do the CC Argentinean Malbec.

I'd go with RJ's Winery Series Chilean Malbec. They're both 18L with skins but the RJ's can be had for quite a bit cheaper than the CC.

Wine is so subjective, its hard to pick one for someone else. That said, I loved my Williams malbec.

Last edited:
I'd go with RJ's Winery Series Chilean Malbec. They're both 18L with skins but the RJ's can be had for quite a bit cheaper than the CC.

I'll second this kit specifically. After about two years, it is an excellent wine. It is still good after just about 6-12 months in the bottle, too.

I made the CC last winter, tasted great at bottling last February. Haven't got around to trying it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Back