Love Forums

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluerdg

Junior
Reaction score
I am a Die Hard DIYer, and actively participate in a variety of automotive forums that mirror the vehicles I own. I love the idea that I've now got a similar tool to tackle my newest hobby. I became interested in the concept of wine making after a trip to a local Blackberry / Blueberry farm this past spring. My family and I have been making an annual pilgrimage to this farm for the past 5-6 years and have learned the best time to go for easy picking and optimal berry selection. This spring 4 of us spent roughly 30 minutes picking Blackberries. Without even realizing it, we'd pulled over 70 qts off a single row of bushes. After stockpiling the freezer, reserving space for a Blueberry run to come, and giving a bunch to neighbors, I entertained the idea of using some of the fresh berries to make make wine. After some quick research I realized wine making, as with other activities required, required the correct tools (which I did not have) so we started making cobbler. A brother in law from Cyprus reignited the idea during a family visit over the summer, when he offered a Red and White he'd made for sampling. With some insight from him, it was easy to start organizing resources and equipment. My first batch (Pinot Grigio) is currently stabilizing and clearing and I'm looking forward to my first attempt at a Red when this one finishes.

Uh oh, now youve started a hobby that will consume much of your house!

Dang from the title of this thread I thought I stumbled onto a lonely hearts club part of this forum. :)

The LOVE FORUM is a little ole' place where, WE can GET together....

Love Forum, baby Love Forum......

Glass Carboyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......... busted...

HA HA HA Dan :):):)

Welcome onboard bluerdg! this is a great place to learn.. and as you can tell some pretty good entertainment also...:slp

Yea Baby Yeah, The Love Forum,,, that aside Welcome to the Hobby. I am sure your Pinot will be the first of many.

Welcome to the forums. Hopefully, you will love the wine you make. Blueberry has a few challenges, so be sure and read up on it in these forums.

WEll ONE is right we all know who Julie is.. I must be the Doc

Back