Looking for tips on shipping wine bottles

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casper

Reaction score
I will sent one of my Backberry / Raspberry Port to the 2008 WineMaker International Amateur Wine Competition. Is their anybody that have a tip on how to wrap a wine bottle so it won't break ?
smiley5.gif

Thanks

I never shipped wine, but have shipped other seriously fragile items, and a substantial amount of bubble wrap usually works really well.

rgecaprock said:
Casper,
You can buy wine mailers. They are sturdy boxes with styrofoam inserts that the bottle fits into. I get them here in Houston at Specs Liquor and Fine Wine Stores. I see you are in Canada.
http://www.boxvendor.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=42

I've used the single mailers and they work perfectly....Ramona

Thanks I did not know they were making these type of package. I wil look for these wine mailers here in Victoria. If no luck I will use bubble rap.

Thanks

The bubble wrappers that toner cartridges come in work excellent too. Someone posted that here on the forum but not sure who it was. I have since used them though and they did work perfectly.

Waldo said:
The bubble wrappers that toner cartridges come in work excellent too. Someone posted that here on the forum but not sure who it was. I have since used them though and they did work perfectly.

Brilliant ideal Waldo, I do have these cartridges at work I will definitely use that.
smiley32.gif
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

YES the right size bottle and container with bubble wrap and filler ,like sty/peanuts or anything else to fill around the bottles should do well
smiley2.gif
,just make sure there's no movement inside of the package
smiley9.gif

Well my tentative to sent a bottle did not go well
smiley7.gif
. I use FEDEX and told the lady that I am sending a bottle of wine. She said OK no problem. Cost me $ 60.00. And custom refuse to let my package pass
smiley3.gif
they said it is illegal to pass alcohol to US and special paper needs to be filled and it cost extra money. I told him the lady did not told me about these papers. He said it is not her job to tell me I should already know. And he adds that if I had not told here I would have paid a fee of $500.00
smiley18.gif
. So they return back the bottle to me, but I am not reimbursed for the shipping. So if you are from Canada and you want to sent a bottle to US, make sure you have all the legal papers.

I am going to wait for the next wine compitition in Victoria, BC.

Wow Casper, What a hassle!

I was going to send a bottle of wine to a friend in Quebec.....When I found out that it was going to be such a problem I changed my mind.....Terrorist get accross the border easier than a bottle of wine. That is Sad.

Ramona

It is illegal to send a bottle anywhere unless you area bonded winery. We all do it and dont tell any one that it is a fermented beverage. I ship out marinades and jellies quite often.

I ship a lot of custom made Vinegar to friends and family. The "Post It" Clerk also likes my vinegar a lot, so there are never any problems.
smiley36.gif

Salute!
smiley1.gif
Edited by: bmckee56

Latest posts

Back