Looking for grapevine cuttings in IL/WI/IN

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PumpkinDad

Hobbyist Wine Maker
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has any spare grapevine cuttings they are looking to get rid of? I'm looking for about 50 lbs or so to smoke some meat with. I'm located in Chicago and would be happy to haul some away for you.

Thanks!
PD

I have a pile about 6 feet high that you could have all you want but unfortunately I'm north of Minneapolis and about 6 hours away from you.

Thanks for the offer... but that would one crazy drive ;-)

I've called around a few places and I can't find anyone who saves their clippings, so it looks like I may have to wait until spring. I guess I'll reach back out to the local vineyards in March and offer to buy a couple of cases of wine in exchange for some clippings.

Hi Dbeck,

Actually I just found out that one of my friends is working up in Minneapolis and might be able to pick some up for me. I have to check with him to see if he is willing to do this, but if the offer still stands, could I PM you to make arrangements?

This would be great... I've been looking around everywhere with no luck. I'm hoping to get this done by Thanksgiving!

PD

Hi Dbeck,

Actually I just found out that one of my friends is working up in Minneapolis and might be able to pick some up for me. I have to check with him to see if he is willing to do this, but if the offer still stands, could I PM you to make arrangements?

This would be great... I've been looking around everywhere with no luck. I'm hoping to get this done by Thanksgiving!

PD

Oh, Geez, wouldn't you know it....I was trimming brush along the sides of my driveway today and discovered I was running out of room on my brush pile. I ended up taking a dump trailer load to the compost place today. A whole bunch of that load was dried vines from what we had pruned this spring. I was only able to haul about half the pile in one trip. I don't know if what is left is just brush or if there are still vines left too. I will go out tomorrow and see if there is any vines left in the pile and if there is you're certainly welcome to them.

They are all vines and not chipped or shredded. But I could tie them up in bundles for your buddy to pick up assuming we have some left. I'll post here tomorrow and let you know. Happy to help if I can.

IMG_0882.JPG

Hi dbeck,

Looks like he may be able to make the trip though it may have to be the weekend after next. Do you think that would work? If that's too late, I understand. I appreciate the offer in either case. :)

PD

I checked and there are still vines in the pile. Timing wise that weekend would work. I would just need to know for sure he we will show up as I have some work to do to get them separated from the brush.

Would he have a car or truck?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back