Other Lodi Gold Chenin Blanc

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Anyone ever make this, I got a 6 gallon bucket for $47. I am warming it up a little now as it is stone cold from being refridged at the LHBS. I will sulfite in awhile then hit it with yeast tomorrow. Havent checked the Brix yet so not sure what Im going use. I want to leave it sweet so may use Cotes des Blanc.

Maltose Express said they werent inoculated and the temp that they were at would not let them ferment but nature finds a way! I checked the brix just a little while ago to see where Im starting at which is also a thermometer and the temp has warmed up to 45 degrees and the sg is 1.030 and it is slowly fermenting. I think Im just going to let it finish at this point nice and slowly but will raise the temp a little. Ive had the brew belt on since 2:30 so I wonder exactly how cold it was in the stores fridge. Just goes to show you that for cold stabilizing to try and stop a fermentation you need some serious temps to do so.

Okay it finished now and cleared so I bottled it. Just kidding with ya Rich.

smiley36.gif

Hi Wade. How do you like the Lodi Gold? I have the Pinot Grigio. Started on Jan,3rd. Looks good and clear but I'm not crazy on the taste. Seems very acidy. Anyone know what a Pinot Grigio should test at and what tests I should take with a kit wine (refrigerated juice kit)?

Wade I get Lodi fresh juice every year (in the fall). Never had a bad batch.

Actually not crazy about it so far but it is young. 1/2 pf it is my friends as we split it to see how it was.

Back