Life is just Peachie

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well...my Blueberry experiment went so well I decided to give peach a shot. This is roughly a 6 gallon batch. I used 15 pounds of fresh Arkansas peaches, 10 lbs of sugar and 4 gallons of water. Starting SG was 1.090 on the nose. The juice has great peach flavor. When the liquid settles it is very clear with an orange red color. I expect this one to clear very nicely.

20080713_141809_DSCN1532.JPG

20080713_141928_DSCN1534.JPG

Edited by: First Time Wine

Yumm, I would just like to have a bowl of peaches to eat like that. We get some here that are from NY, but even those are from a few hundred miles away. I had a Reliance peach tree that lived about 12 year and gave me fresh peaches for a while but then sucumbed to old age. Treasure what you have there.

Thanks...I am very thankful I live where there is a bounty of fresh produce. I really enjoyed the kits, but I am now into the fruit wines. There is something appealing about picking your own fruit and continuing the process all the way to the bottle. I guess I am going to have to take up glass blowing and make my own bottles now, hahaha

Edited by: First Time Wine

Damn that looks like a good start.........

Keep us posted my friend.

That sure does look good!! I swear I can smell the sweetness from here!

Should be a good one. I would plan on at a minium of 8-10 months aging

FirstTime, your peaches look picture perfect!!!! Let us know how this one turns out in a few months. yummo!!!!

It will be well worth the wait I am sure.....I am bubbling up pretty good. I will be ready to transfer over to a secondary in a couple day now.
20080718_192313_DSCN1539.JPG
20080718_192742_DSCN1541.JPG

That really does look great, beautiful color. What SG did you start at?

Edited by: wade

That really is a thing a beauty. And you are right about picking the fruit and continuing the process. It's a different feeling from the kits. I love kits, and their convenience, but there's nothing like stretching yourself with some fresh fruit.

the SG started at 1.090 on the nose. I did a Blueberry and it started about 1.080 and I am liking the way it is turning out. This one will have a little more of a punch to it.

Thanks....I think I am going to bottle it in a clear bottle because of the color. I think it is going to finish nicely

Well it is time to do another transfer. I have about 2" of sediment. I think it is coming along nicely. I will taste it this weekend when I transfer and start determine how much I want to back sweeten. I would like this to clear on it's own but I think I am going to have to use a clearing agent eventually.

I will be busy bottling a chard and my blueberry and transferring the peach this weekend.

These are good problems to have. It beats mowing the lawn!!!

20080724_184626_DSCN1545.JPG

20080724_184740_DSCN1546.JPG

Latest posts

Back