Lemon Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kutya

Reaction score
I made a lemon wine about 1 1/2 years ago.. I'ts some pretty nasty stuff. Smells good, looks good, just doesn't taste so great. I was thinking I might be able to mix it with some brandy, and rebottle and cork it. I'm wondering how much brandy should I mix with it? Would 50/50 be right? any suggestion you could give me would be great...jh

That's a tough one, since we can't taste the brandy or the wine. I would suggest getting a couple of "sample" cups and a syring that can measure in CC's (since its easier to control) Then make a 30/70, 40/60, 50/50, 60/40... and so on. Maybe get a blind taste tester to help you out.

Also, if it doesn't taste to your liking then, you might consider looking up a few recipes for Sangria. You could make a mix with some fresh fruit, sprite or sparkling water, and some simple sugar. Might be a good ice cold summer treat.

What is the abv of the wine now JS? Did you finish it off dry, semi or what? I would recommend doing some trial testing on the mixture. Maybe a187 ml ottle of brandy to a 750 ml of the lemon and see how that tastes to tou. Edited by: Waldo

The Sangria is a good idea! Or maybe some soda with it. Or, just keep letting it age. See what another year gives you.

Latest posts

Back